Interested in field testing lessons or modules? Please contact Becky Howsmon at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the course see below and visit https://isbscience.org/systems-medicine-education/
A 4-module, full-year CTE course designed to align with the
Students Will Learn About
|Health and wellness as a complex system of factors and determinants.
||Innovative approaches for predicting disease risk and identifying actionable steps to prevent disease progression.
||Innovative practices that integrate science and technology to personalize treatment options for a variety of diseases.
||Applying their knowledge and skills toward optimizing the health and wellness of their community.
- Using empathy to acknowledge the life of the whole person
- Economics of healthcare
- Systems modeling and systems thinking
- Blood as a heterogenous mixture
- Polygenic risk scores
- The microbiome
- Introduction to machine learning
- Navigating clinical data portals
- Variability of disease pathways
- Using heatmaps to identify disease subtypes
- Exploring the state of health and wellness in the community
- Design and implement innovative approaches for improving community health and wellness
|Available for field testing Fall 2021
||Available for field testing Fall 2022